Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year...New Project....

Two years ago I decided I wanted to start a Project 365.  A few of my photog buddies did them and I always loved to see what they would come up with next.  I checked out the various groups and tried to see what would work best for me.  I thought of just a "Photo A Day" or one where I would have to include a certain object in each shot.  For some crazy reason, I decided to do a self-portrait one.  I had JUST had Parker and was home with him on maternity leave so I thought it was the perfect opportunity because I was trying to lose the baby weight and I could show what we were doing each day.  Well, I went back to work in March and after countless awful daily shots, I gave up.  I ended up with a whopping 108 pics and HAD to call it quits.  I was sick of looking at myself and the creativity just stopped. 

This year, my friend Kelley invited me to join a Flickr group called "52 of Twenty Eleven".  It's a weekly photo project with a theme. At first I didn't know how I would feel about being given a theme, but now I am excited.  It will challenge me and I think I need that!  I have to have my first photo sumbitted by Saturday and have already several planned out in my mind.  Now I just need to get at it!  The theme is "I Wish".  I will most likely be posting my 52 week project here as well, so stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment